This week in Polk City
Monday, August 6, 2012
- Parks Commission Meeting
6:00 pm. City Hall.
Tuesday, August 7
- Tuesday New Customer Special @ Salon Zen
10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Half price hair cut on Tuesdays for first time customers with Mindy Brown/Salon Zen (inside The Cutting Edge).
- Jester Park: OWLS – National Weather Service
11:00 am – 12:00 pm. Click here for details.
- Jester Park: Reptiles
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Come and learn about Iowa’s reptiles. We’ll discuss the fears and myths that surround these scaly creatures people love to hate. No reservations needed. Click here for details.
- American Legion and Auxiliary Monthly Meeting
7:00 pm Legion Hall
- Polk City Women Monthly Meeting
7:00 pm. Polk City Library Community Room
Wednesday, August 8
- Iced Tea Wednesdays
The iced tea is cold and the coffee is hot!
- Jester Park: Nature’s Story Hour – Giants of the Prairie
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Bring your picnic lunch, blanket and family for an hour of nature stories and activities with a PCC naturalist. This family friendly program is free and all ages are welcome. No reservations needed. Click here for details.
- Supper and Service
6:00 pm. Polk City United Methodist Church.
Thursday, August 9
- Farmer’s Market
4:30 – 7:30 pm. Town Square.
- Sit n Stitch.
6:00 pm. Bring your needlework and join us for the evening! All levels of stitchers welcome! Polk City Community Library.
- Thursday Evening Summer Worship @ Beautiful Savior
7:00 pm. Going away for the weekend and going to miss church? Join us on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. for our “Come As You Are” Thursday worship service. The service tracks the themes/schedule of the coming weekend. www.bs-lc.com
Friday, August 10
Saturday, August 11
- Saturday Worship
4:30 pm. Mass. St. Luke’s (Ankeny, St. Anne’s)
6:00 pm. Worship. Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church.
- Jester Park: Owls of Iowa
6:30 pm. Come and learn about these nocturnal hunters and their amazing adapations. Several taxidermy owls will be on display. The Amphitheater is located across the road from the playground. Bring blankets or lawn chairs. No reservations needed. Click here for details.
Sunday, August 12
- Sunday Worship
- 8:15 am. Worship. Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church.
- 8:30 am. Classic Worship. Polk City United Methodist Church.
- 9:00 am. Mass. St. Luke’s (Ashland Ridge Elementary, Ankeny)
9:20 am. Sunday School. Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church. All children ages 3 to 18 welcome.
10:00 am. Worship. Lakeside Fellowship @ West Elementary.
- 10:30 am. Worship. Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church.
- 10:30 am. Contemporary Worship. Polk City United Methodist Church.
- Movie Night on the Square 8/18/12 8:45 pm **Date Corrected**
- North Polk First Day of School 8/20/12
**As always, items entered are to the best of my knowledge and I apologize for any errors. Please email announcements and items of community interest to email@example.com. Thank you! -Kimberly **