Contact: Al Burrows – President 2011-2012
Description: We meet the first Thursday of the month at the Library and the third Thursday of the month at the elementary school in town. (6:30 p.m. board meeting with 7:00 p.m. membership meeting on the first Thursday) 6:30 p.m. is spouse’s night with dinner and membership meeting starting at 7:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
Objects of Kiwanis
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the succeeding decades, they have remained unchanged.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.